Friday, January 21, 2011

We're Back (with apologies from the administrator)

Wow, I see that the last post was on January 10, the day before the boys started school! That was almost two weeks ago, and I've missed posting. I hope you've missed updates, too. The truth of the matter is I thought I'd have all kinds of time to post to the blog after the boys started school. But, I'd also been counting on that time to get things accomplished and get us settled, and that's been taking a lot longer than I'd anticipated.

Anyway, we're back. I've got a post coming up on the boys' school (Haut Lac) and Swiss schools in general. Within the next three-four days you will finally see that tour of our apartment that I promised. And, I'm hoping to get Laura to contribute a guest post on Swiss punctuality.

In the meantime, here are two pictures of us enjoying the real "LeDeck" (our balcony overlooking the lake) for the first time last Friday. We enjoyed cheese, salami, wine (for the adults), etc. as we watched the sun set over the lake last Friday evening. It's usually in the 30's during this time of year here, but we've had unseasonably warm weather and last Friday it was in the 50's.

Sunset over Lac Leman

The boys enjoying cheese (notice school uniforms).

1 comment: