Saturday, January 8, 2011

Absence of (initial) stress!

UPDATE: Saturday, Jan 8 (next morning)

Stress has returned. Still, last night was fun while it lasted!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

During dinner today, Laura remarked how no one seemed stressed! No snapping. No temper tantrums. But, really, you could just see that all four of us were relaxed and contented at the counter.

Laura started work on Wednesday, and three days in the office was enough, I think, for her to feel like she'll be able to do this. It's manageable, if a lot.

The boys have been playing well together the last few days. I think they're feeling like the apartment is home. They realize that while there are lots of cool (or not so cool) new and different things, there are plenty of things to keep them grounded, too. And, our family is together. They saw the school on Monday, and I think they're looking forward to starting next week and meeting some friends, but right now they're doing great just being friends.

For me, the apartment is still not settled, but it's much better than it's been. I've been able to accomplish about 1-1/4 tasks per day with the kids home. I'm looking forward to school starting next week. Give me one day and I think I can get the pictures hung and the cave in order. I need to make a trip to Hornbach (the equivalent of Home Depot), but I'm not trying to bring the kids there while I wander around for hours. But, at least I know where it is!

Hey, I'm not kidding myself. We're going to have a lot more stress, probably some depression, and tough times ahead before we get into a real rhythm here. But, for now we're doing pretty well! It feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment