Thursday, September 13, 2012

Egypt in April? Maybe we should wait....

Tuesday I was just about to book two flights for next April. One to Cairo on Egypt Air, and one returning from Hurghada on easyJet. Our plan was to fly there and then follow an itinerary to include Giza, the Valley of the Kings/Luxor, and three days snorkeling reefs in the Red Sea. (Basically, this trip with a few minor adjustments:  http://www.egypt-uncovered.com/tours/docs/egypt_tour_cultural_holiday_eguc.pdf )

Needless to say, the events of the last few days have made us rethink things. I'm still not ready to give up on the Egypt trip yet, but we're also definitely not booking it yet. And when we do, I think travel insurance is called for. How much will that cost?

In the meantime, we need to think about alternative trips for a week in April. Morocco? Slovenia? Cyprus?These are very big problems to have, I know.... In the meantime, if you have any suggestions, we're all ears.

********************************************************

So, it's been a very long time since I've made any posts. I know, and I'm sorry. It's sort of a lot of pressure to think of things that people might be interested in. And, by the time I do, I've lost all energy to actually write about it.

But, I may move this into a travelogue type blog. They're easy -- just upload a bunch of pictures. Our trips since the last update are as noted below. Perhaps I'll make an entry for each over the next few weeks. And, tomorrow we're off to Dublin for a three day weekend.

  • Skiing in Avoriaz, France with my parents and brother during the week between Christmas and New Year's
  • Ski week in Nendaz, Switzerland with our friends from Holland, the Van de Poll/Noordanus family (February)
  • Amsterdam, Belgium (Bruges and Flanders) with my parents in April. The boys liked our return to Switzerland on an overnight train the best.
  • London over a three day weekend in May
  • Italian Lakes during a five day weekend in May (Lago d'Orta and Bellagio, Lake Como)
  • Jubilee Marathon in Stockholm in July
  • Minnesota/Maine in July/August
Whew! This is why I like living in Switzerland!

2 comments:

  1. Okay - it's been a year. Time to post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am regular to check every post of this blog as well as its other supportive and knowledgeable informative blog post. I appreciate efforts of owner to deliver such valuable information to people.Egypt travel packages

    ReplyDelete